We honor this day in coming together in remembrance of those who passed on the day of September 11, 2001 in a time of silence and prayer for their families. We thank God for all the fellow American’s who came to the aid of many victims of this tragic and terrible day.
“I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, and give Him no rest till He establishes and till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.” Isaiah 62:6-7
Prayer is a high calling and an amazing privilege. A person of prayer is one of the most important callings our lives as a Christian. Just think about this for a moment: We can talk with the God of the universe! And we can know that not only does He listen attentively and with great affection, but also He responds by revealing His Heart, giving us direction, blessing our circumstances, releasing justice, and much more.
Reverend Lois Blei
National Day of Prayer, Mountain States
Regional Prayer Shield Coordinator
With Joyful Expectations
“If you want to change the world, invest in helping another person to reach his or her potential.”
What is the most strategic thing you could do to improve the life of others? Ask yourself what can I do the rest of my life to build a life of significance. John decided he wanted to add value to 10 people, he wanted to intentionally come into their life and compliment, complete, and add value to them. They never knew what John’s intention was; only that he was pleasant to be around. He soon discovered what his joy was and to do it.
Giving up your game and in a selfless way, begin to pour into the life of others. This was greater than personal success. I know what I can do, but what can I do for others, with others.
THE BIG IDEA is that if you want to change the world, invest in helping another person reach their potential…
Change the world through, with, or beside someone…
Ask yourself…who could that person be?
Think: Who in your life could benefit from your life experience? Who could you invest in to help reach his or her potential? Now..Think of everyone you know in every area of your life.
How could you combine what you are passionate about with a person who can benefit from your experience in that area?
Do: Once you have identified this person, offer to become a mentor. Plan to come alongside this person for a season of time, months or even years — and meet periodically.
Set the time to meet once or twice a month, however works for both of you. Ask the person to come to the meeting with questions.
As long as the person is working to grow and as long as you are able to be helpful, continue to meet.
Tell: After you’ve identified someone to mentor, tell others about it. If you use social media, post using the hashtag #IntentionalLiving.
IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
Read, Think…Then Ask Yourself…Who Could That Person Be?
Jann Durst, The Arizona National Day of Prayer Coordinator
Governor Doug Ducey has just signed a proclamation stating that May 4, 2017 is protected by the First Amendment to come together publicly to pray. This is a tremendous victory in the fight for the Christian values our Country was founded upon.
The Arizona National Day of Prayer is approaching fast. Now is the time to register your event. Visit our locations page to find a prayer event in your city. Lets bring prayer back to America!
Let us know what you think by leaving your comments below.
2017: If you are just reading this in March – or later, it’s still possible to pull together a community or church prayer event! Keep it simple: REMEMBER – PRAYER IS THE FOCUS
March: It’s not too late to begin!
• Officially invite local officials, police officers, chaplains, firemen, city council, etc
• Take posters to all local churches, houses of prayer, Christian schools, malls, coffee shops, (wherever people gather)
• Post your Event details on the NDPTF Website
• Keep committee informed; get updates
• Update with your leader coordinator; join national prayer call interceding for NDP coordinators • PRAY
April: Press On!
• Continue to promote with Continue to promote with radio, press releases, posters
• Secure proclamation (possible public signing), take pictures and post brief for blog, social media update or local media use
• Early in April, email your speakers, participants and musicians a program with schedule.
• Meet with team for progress report. Adjust as needed.
• Mid April, reconfirm speakers with date, time and location of your event and their time limit/topic. Review audiovisual needs with suppliers; confirm details.
• Review the web Media Section in the NDP Resource Manual below; inform media of your event date, time and location.
• Water bottles for presenters
May: Enjoy the Fruits
• Meet with your team for a last-minute review of needs and confirmations and who will be filling those needs.
• PRAY TOGETHER
• Send thank you notes to your team, speakers, public officials, volunteers and anyone who contributed to the NDP event.
• Submit your event report online national website and send a short email report to your State Coordinator about your event.
• Complete event survey to help us learn what God has done and share the testimonies
• THANK the LORD, REST
June: Prayer and Thanksgiving
• Update database from event posters, people who purchased resources, new contacts
• Debrief with core team: praises and improvement
• Reserve space or secure permit for next year for public venues
• Join the azndp.org and nationaldayofprayer.org conference calls. To inquire | contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org (available am and evening)
On February 21, 2017, the Pima County Board of Supervisors, present the National Day of Prayer Proclamation 2017, to the City of Tucson: Receiving the Award Presentation is our Reverend Lois Blei, National Day of Prayer Mountain States Regional; and Paul Parisi, with 4Tucson
AZNDP thanks the BridgeBuilders International and the Center for AZ Policy for their extended prayer event invitation; “UNITING IN PRAYER AMERICA”. On November 6, 2016 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm; we will meet for pray and worship for the 2016 General Election. The Prayer / Worship Rally location will be at the Arizona State Capitol Lawn on 1700 W. Washington Street, Downtown Phoenix, AZ. There is a map
available and parking is location on the east and west sides of the Capitol. Please remember to bring yourself a lawn chair and water. Please register with BridgeBuilders – to let them know you’re planning to attend. There is strength in numbers, please plan to come.
On Saturday, October 22, 2016 AZNDP in Tucson has been invited to head the annual Hope Fest Prayer Tent, now for the third year in a row. It wasn’t long ago we were together for #UnitedForTucson. Here is another opportunity to get together for NDP Prayer Tent at Hope Fest.
We have a few opportunities for you to help out with. One is coming together on Friday, October 21 at 5pm for a prayer walk. Next, is for Saturday, October 22. We’ve organized a signup sheet to make sure there is enough people to cover the hours needed. If you would like to be in the tent for one or more hours during our shift, please call or text us (520 488 7744) and let us know which hours you would prefer. We have set up 2 hour shifts from 7am to 3pm. Please note, if you choose the first and last shift you will be setting up or breaking down for the Prayer Tent Area.
There are other opportunities for volunteering, check it out: Hopefest Volunteers .
There will be a briefing held Thursday, September 22, 2016 from 12 to 1.30 at Kino Stadium Service Center. Again, call or text (520.488.744) if you’re interested or need assistance.
Set your hearts to pray and share with the guests that come to the Prayer Tent. Free T-shirts will be provided. Help fill the tent with prayer!
In God we still Trust
Consider taking an hour this month in May to really dedicate to personal and individual prayer for the Nation. You may have already heard that we are “covering the calendar” in prayer by challenging many in our Region to one or more hours this month. You can sign up for an hour on our calendar. For more information about this prayer initiative email us at email@example.com.
If you can’t commit to an hour, take some extra time this month to pray and consider adding fasting. If you are looking for some ways to pray this month, check out the prayer resources on the nationaldayofprayer.org website.